Lemon Cake Moringa Black Tea
a lovely lemon-scented black tea blend with sweet citrus notes and hints of warm vanilla
Lemon Cake Moringa Black Tea is a wonderful tea with robust black tea character and deep notes of lemon and vanilla. This lovely blend also includes delicate cut lemongrass and real lemon and tangerine pieces for enhanced citrus flavor. Dried moringa and blackberry leaves give an additional boost of body-loving antioxidants to the cup.
The overall cup has rich black tea flavor with a sweet citrus finish.
As a black tea, Lemon Cake Moringa contains caffeine.
Black tea offers a variety of health benefits:
- Contains polyphenols that have antioxidant properties that may decrease the risk of chronic disease and improve overall health
- Contains flavonoids, another group of antioxidants, which are beneficial for heart health and may reduce the risk of heart disease
- Studies have found that black tea may help reduce LDL levels and decrease the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Contains polyphenols and antimicrobial properties may help improve gut health and immunity
- Contains polyphenols that may decrease cancer cell development
- Contains several compounds and one specifically (epigallocatechin gallate) shown to improve insulin levels
- Contains the amino acid L-theanine that increases alpha activity in the brain to help improve focus and alertness
- antimicrobial and antifungal properties
- boosts immune system
- may promote heart health
- high in antioxidants and vitamin C
- boost the immune system
- anti-inflammatory properties
- possesses antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties
- may promote healthy digestion
- according to one study, lemongrass may be able to block sensations of pain
- rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, anti-inflammatory
- may help lower blood sugar levels
- possesses properties that protect the liver
- may help lower cholesterol
- full of flavonoids, vitamins and antioxidants, specifically quercetin with anti-inflammatory effects
- soothes sore throats
- alleviates stomach discomfort
Lemon Cake Moringa Black Tea is excellent served either hot or iced and takes well to sugar, honey and other sweeteners.
Traditional Hot Tea
Measure one heaping teaspoons of tea leaves per one cup water into a tea filter or into an infuser of your choice. Keep in mind, the infuser you choose must be large enough to allow the tea leaves to swell and unfurl. This allows the tea leaves to release their full flavor. Place filter into teapot or mug. Bring filtered or freshly drawn water to a boil then pour into teapot or mug. Infuse 2-3 minutes, for mild flavor, 4-5 minutes for medium flavor and 6-7 minutes for bold flavor. Remove the filter and discard or remove infuser and discard tea leaves. Garnish as desired with sugar, honey or other sweeteners.
Measure eight to ten heaping teaspoons of tea leaves into a tea filter and place into a teapot or heat resistant pitcher. Bring 2 cups of filtered or freshly drawn water to a boil. Immediately pour boiled water over filter into teapot or heat-resistant pitcher. Infuse 3-5 minutes. Remove filter and sweeten tea with ½ cup sugar if desired. Add 2 cups of filtered or freshly drawn water to a serving pitcher. Pour in prepared tea and mix well. Add 2 cups of ice and stir. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Measure six to eight teaspoons of tea leaves into a tea filter and place inside a clean glass jar or small pitcher. Position filter so that the tea leaves will be submerged and the top hangs over the side of the jar or pitcher so that leaves do not spill out once water is added. Pour four cups of filtered or freshly drawn water over the filter. Cover with lid or plastic wrap. Refrigerate 8-12 hours (or overnight). To serve this tea hot, simply pour the cold-infused tea into a saucepan over medium heat and gently warm to desired temperature.
*Cold-infused tea has higher levels of antioxidants, less caffeine and less tannins resulting in a smoother cup.
Due to the inclusion of black tea leaves, Lemon Cake Moringa Black Tea may be infused a second time, although flavor will be lighter, using either traditional infusing methods or cold-infusion.
Lemon Cake Moringa Black Tea, like all teas, should be stored out of direct light and in a cool, dry place. Properly stored, this tea will stay fresh for up to two years.
Ingredients: black tea, lemon, currants, lemongrass, tangerine, moringa, blackberry leaves, natural flavors (organic compliant)
If you are currently under medical care or taking medications, please consult with your doctor to prevent any negative interactions between medically prescribed treatments and herbal remedies.
The statements made here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements and the products of this company are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.