Chocolate Caramel Truffle Black Tea
deep chocolate taste with rich caramel notes and a vanilla finish
Also available in 1 lb. resealable bags.
Chocolate Caramel Truffle Black Tea is truly a decadent guilt-free pleasure. This robust black tea is full of rich, creamy caramel taste and deep chocolate notes. All the satisfaction of an indulgent dessert and none of the calories.
As a black tea, Chocolate Caramel Truffle contains moderately high levels of caffeine (although less than coffee cup per cup).
As with all quality black teas, like ours, this tea contains high levels of antioxidants.
Black tea** offers a variety of health benefits:
- Contains polyphenols that have antioxidant properties that may decrease the risk of chronic disease and improve overall health
- Contains flavonoids, another group of antioxidants, which are beneficial for heart health and may reduce the risk of heart disease
- Studies have found that black tea may help reduce LDL levels and decrease the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Contains polyphenols and antimicrobial properties may help improve gut health and immunity
- Contains polyphenols that may decrease cancer cell development
- Contains several compounds and one specifically (epigallocatechin gallate) shown to improve insulin levels
- Contains the amino acid L-theanine that increases alpha activity in the brain to help improve focus and alertness
Chocolate Caramel Truffle Black Tea is excellent served hot or iced. This tea takes well to sugar, honey and other sweeteners. Milk may also be added to highlight the creamy notes.
Traditional Hot Tea
Measure one heaping teaspoons of tea leaves per one cup water into a tea filter or into an infuser of your choice. Keep in mind, the infuser you choose must be large enough to allow the tea leaves to swell and unfurl. This allows the tea leaves to release their full flavor. Place filter into teapot or mug. Bring filtered or freshly drawn water to a boil then pour into teapot or mug. Infuse 1-2 minutes, for mild flavor, 2-3 minutes for medium flavor and 3-5 minutes for bold flavor. Remove the filter and discard or remove infuser and discard tea leaves. Garnish as desired with sugar, honey or other sweeteners.
Measure eight to ten heaping teaspoons of tea leaves into a tea filter and place into a teapot or heat resistant pitcher. Bring 2 cups of filtered or freshly drawn water to a boil. Immediately pour boiled water over filter into teapot or heat-resistant pitcher. Infuse 3-5 minutes. Remove filter and sweeten tea with ½ cup sugar if desired. Add 2 cups of filtered or freshly drawn water to a serving pitcher. Pour in prepared tea and mix well. Add 2 cups of ice and stir. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Measure six to eight teaspoons of tea leaves into a tea filter and place inside a clean glass jar or small pitcher. Position filter so that the tea leaves will be submerged and the top hangs over the side of the jar or pitcher so that leaves do not spill out once water is added. Pour four cups of filtered or freshly drawn water over the filter. Cover with lid or plastic wrap. Refrigerate 8-12 hours (or overnight). To serve this tea hot, simply pour the cold-infused tea into a saucepan over medium heat and gently warm to desired temperature.
*Cold-infused tea has higher levels of antioxidants, less caffeine and less tannins resulting in a smoother cup.
Chocolate Caramel Truffle Black Tea, like all teas, should be stored out of direct light and in a cool, dry place. Properly stored, this tea will stay fresh for up to two years.
Ingredients: black tea, chocolate bits (sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and vanilla), natural and artificial flavor